History of Our School
The School is the oldest Comprehensive in Gwent. It was formed in 1965 by the amalgamation of four schools found in the town. The schools concerned being two Secondary Moderns, a Technical and a Grammar.
Tredegar Comprehensive School occupies the site of Ty Trist colliery, and the school’s mining museum serves to remind us of this link with the town’s industrial heritage.
Ty Trist Colliery 1910